CYBORG SELF PORTRAIT - Digital Technologies - iPad Apps

Earlier I created a digital artwork that used Photoshop 7. After some thought, it occurred to me that most teacher would not know how to use Photoshop. So, I decided to find some apps that could be installed on iPads so students of any age could create a cyborg self portrait.
   I found two apps that are FREE (the best kind of apps) and they are very easy to use. The first app, NEW EYES, will allow students to change the shape and colour of their eyes. There are 5 categories within the program that have an array of eyes - Animals, Zombies, Robots, Witchcraft and Movies. Kids will love this app.
   The second app is called ROBOT FACE and it has a selection of objects that can be used to create the cyborg face. It is very easy to use but its only drawback is that it does not have an undo button. The opacity of objects can be adjusted which is an added feature.
   I have created HOW TO instructions that explain how to apply the app to each stage of making the artwork. Once the digital artwork is done, students will then draw onto the cyborg with metallic markers, black fine tipped pens, metallic posca pens and black markers to add details and additional colour.
   I am still to apply the metallic and black details to the cyborg portrait I made, but as soon as I have it done, I will add it to this post. Included in this post are Resources Images of circuits that students will use as inspiration and apply to the own image.
   I think students will enjoy making this artwork as the apps are easy to use and they are manipulating an image of themselves to create something completely different. 
Learning to use technology in creative ways is always a very engaging activity to do with kids of any age. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class