GELLI PLATE PRINTING - Mixed Media (Quokka as subject matter)

    I have always wanted to do gelli plate printing as I love printmaking, especially monoprinting. I made my own gelli plate using a recipe I found on Pinterest, experimented and created an artwork I think students will enjoy. I have included the recipe in this post.

   My artwork shows two layers of printing but for younger kids I think one layer monoprinting would be enough. Older students will have the ability to understand how a multi-layered image can be produced.

   Media used: Quokka drawing - lead pencil, eraser and black maker. Monoprint acrylic paint. Artwork - black charcoal pencil, whit charcoal pencil (optional), coloured chalk pastels. 

I haven't presented this artwork to students yet but will do so when the opportunity arises. Any animal or subject matter could be used with this artwork.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class