CLAY WORK - Pinch Pot Monster - Years 3 and 4

   Later on this week, I will be doing an all-day art lesson with a Year 4 class. I have taught this class many times, they are a great bunch of little people and we have a great rapport.
   It is because of this that I decided to do clay work with them, teaching them the basic construction techniques - pinch pots, slabs and coils.
   I saw on Pinterest, the work of Dean DeRosso (hope I spelt that right) and immediately though of my Year 4 kids. They will love making their own little clay monsters.
   I have made up some teaching resources with information to help the students better understand how to make a pinch pot and included an example of a monster created by Dean DeRosso.
   In case we finish up early, I have also made a simple art appreciation/evaluation worksheet and a drawing worksheet. Feel free to use them if they suit your needs.





   Pics of student's work to come .............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class