My Stress Release

I went back into high school today for a casual day.......casual is not the word I would use to describe some aspects of the day!!!! I think I will stick with working in primary schools.....no stress!!!! When I got home I was so disappointed. Not because I had been horribly verbally abused by two students but because these two kids thought it was OK to do it...sad. So I got on my old but trusty laptop and created some signature covers and cover pages for my handmade journals. Seriously love making my journals. I thought I'd put them on my blog so you could see how I get rid of my stress......I will put on some pics of my journals later on...... at the moment I am going through my medieval, royal courts and Marie Antoinette stage......
The figure is from Leonardo's da Vinci, The Virgin of the Rocks, c. 1483-86, oil on panel, 199 x 122 cm (Louvre, Paris).  The background was created using layered images of antique jewellery with Medival and Renaissance close ups of fabric, embroidery, court jewels and dresses (all from Pinterest). I imported that image into Glaze, another Ipad app.This app has some brilliant textured paint effects. I then imported it back into Art Studio (Apple version of Photoshop) and did some more layering, erasing bits and pieces from the layers...the face of the virgin remains untouched. The filigree bits are from Pinterest and are free to use. This image will become the inside of the front and back covers.
 
This image is the front cover of a journal I have already made and the next pic is the back cover. Both images were created using Art Studio. Cant remember the name of the artwork the figure comes from. Again, the filigree bits were free to use from Pinterest.
 
Here are some  signature cover pages I created for the medieval journal......everything I used is "free to use" and comes from Pinterest
 
 
 
 
 

 
 I then created pages which I print back-to-back and fold in half. Each signature consists of a cover and 5 or 6 back-to-back pages. This journal has 6 signatures which are sewn to the spine using the pamphlet stitch. I learned how to do all this stuff by watching YouTube vids. There are some seriously talented and creative junk journal junkies out there. The journals I make are my version of a junk journal and here are some of the pages I created......


Anyway, that's how I get rid of my stress and disappointment when my day of casual teaching doesn't go as anticipated. The joy of working with teenagers.....I feel much better now.....xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class