Keeping Busy..... My Inktense Quilt

 
I started this quilt about 2 years ago.....
 
   I began by finding some photos of farm animals on the net, loaded them into 3 different apps on my iPad, turning them into watercolour images. I then printed them onto 100% cotton fabric using my printing.
   I applied Inktense pencils as shading then went over them with aloe vera gel (the gel gives you more control and bleeds very little into the fabric weave.) When the image is dry, it is permanent. I also ironed each image with a hot, dry iron to seal in the colours. I used black markers, Artline fine line pens and my faithful Posca pens to add detail and line work.
   I then created the quilt top and did all the usual quilting things. I am now at the stage of embroidering parts of the centre panels with black thread, some coloured thread and cream coloured hand quilting thread. The leaves have all been edged with blanket stitch by hand. I still have heaps to do - hand stitching the purple and blue flowers, all the bead work and sew on handcoloured applique flowers.
    Here are some close up pics to show you what I have done......don't look too close, you will see all the mistakes. This quilt is to go over our lounge so mistakes don't worry too much....
 
 






 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class