VERSION 1: SURREALISM and STEAMPUNK ART - Mechanical Sea Creatures

   I wanted to teach students about Surrealism but the concept of subconscious ideas is not an easy thing to explain to young people. So I thought about combining it  with Steampunk Art and came up with a weird little artwork about weird little fish.
   I think students will like creating a drawing a sea creature made out of mechanical parts and putting it in a background made out of spray paint on wet watercolour paper.



 
Where the spray paint lifted away from the watercolour paper, shapes were created. I turned these shapes into other sea creatures, EG; a jellyfish. I used a blue Sharpie marker to draw the jellyfish, following to the edge of the spray paint. This created a wobbly line. 
 
I collaged on some small torn and cut pieces of paper to add more colour and additional media to the artwork.


 




The RESOURCE IMAGES are free-to-use colouring pages that I found on Pinterest.


















 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class