CHINESE YEAR OF THE RAT - Geography - Place

   This is a very quick one hour lesson I created but I think it could be stretched out into a longer lesson very easily. The artwork I created is only A4 in size but I think it would look really good as an A3.
  I have included some simple information about the Chinese zodiac, how the Chinese zodiac was created via ancient folklore and the symbolic use of red, yellow and gold. I also included the Chinese character for the word rat. 
   In the Chinese culture, black is symbolic of water and is also symbolic of unhappiness, evil and sadness. I used black purely for artistic reasons.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class