HOMAGE TO OUR LOST KOALAS - Year 2

   I have been doing some daily casual work in a new primary school and as always, the kids are wonderful. So keen to learn, polite and respectful Just love working in primary schools.
The time I had with my students today was quite limited so I modified the "Sleeping Koalas Artwork" to an A4 size, incorporating metallic colouring pencils, ordinary colouring pencils, black markers and white charcoal pencils.
   The artwork is in homage to the estimated 8,000 koalas lost during the bushfires in Australia over the 2019-2020 summer season. Such a devastating time for all Australians. It is estimated that we lost a total of over 1 billion mammmals, birds, insects and reptiles.
   I think their little artworks are great. I only took pics of a few as there were about 115 in the end. I hope you like them. 
   RIP our 8,000 lost koalas.....

Media Used:
1. White charcoal pencil for the koala.
2. Black marker for outlining the koala, ryes and colouring the nose.
3. Metallic colouring pencils for the gum leaves.
4. Brown colouring pencilfor the tree trunks and branches.
5. Blue or yellow colouring pencil for the background/sky.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class