IPAD APPS for creating Mythological Creatures.

I saw a request on Facebook by a teacher wanting some information about iPad apps that she could access to make artworks. Back in 2012, I began my phase of incorporation technology into my art programs. Here are some of the apps I used and artworks that I made as samples to show my high school students. These apps are easy to use and could be easily incorporated into a primary school program. There are lots so I will post them over a 2 or  3 posts...or more....

1. MONSTERPIECES
 


Students absolutely loved this app and I think it speaks for itself. We used it to create scarry mythological creatures. The class I used it with was mostly boys so it worked really well with them. The girls (only 3) didn't mind the ugly monsters at all.
 
 
 



2. ANIMAL CREATOR

 
This app is fantastic. I used with my low ability students to create their mythological creature. They then drew this creature onto watercolour paper to complete the assessable task. saved me lots of hassles with "I can't draw" when the student had an image that they had created to and turn it into a drawing.
 
3. DAILY MONSTER


This was a good app for getting low ability students motivated. I used it as a "reward", so when students got ALL their work done satisfactorily, they got some "free time" on the iPad to play.

 

4. FREAKATARS


This app was used with my low ability Year 8 students. They loved it!!!
 
5. MONSTERMIXER
A fun app I used as a "reward" for "free time" when the student had completed all of their work satisfactorily. Students liked it but I found it a bit boring.
 
6. ANIMAL CREATOR
 
I used this app with students who were having probs when creating a mythological creature. It boosted their confidence considerably. All they had to do was draw the image they had created onto watercolour paper and were able to successfully complete the assessable task. NOTE: Students were not allowed to colour the image on the iPad (Step 9) as we used the app to create resource images only.
 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class