MONOPRINTS - Jellyfish

   I have wanted to do some sort of printmaking art lesson with my primary school kidlings for so long but the price of equipment ruled it out for me.
   Then I was making another artwork and the acrylic paint wouldn't stick to the aluminium foil unless it was very thin.......bingo......I thought why not put the paint on thick, draw into it and print from that drawing. Using cotton buds (q-tips) to draw was the only thing I could think of. It worked!!!!!!!...... but I was so sadly disappointed when I discovered that this printmaking technique had already been discovered and used by someone else.  I found it by accident on Pinterest but it is a wonderful way of making a monoprint. Oh well...... pics of my sample artworks will follow but here are the instructions and information sheets I made to accompany the artmaking lesson.



 
 
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class