IPAD APP - Mythological Creatures and Literacy

I don't know why but my Year 8 students really liked the idea of making images using words. I guess it was, at the time, a new way of creating an image that was non-traditional. I didn't get copies of their artworks (stupid me) but they turned out pretty well. The app is called FOTOWORD.
 

This is my sample artwork that I used to inspire my students. I cheated....I pasted together some images from the net using Art Studio ( iPad app, Apple version of Photoshop) then imported it into WORDFOTO.


PROCEDURE:
1. Students are to create their mythological creature as a watercolour drawing. Only one word is to be incorporated into the drawing and that is the name of the creature (in big simple letters).

2. A clear photo is taken of the artwork and imported into the Wordfoto app.

3. I gave my students 1 choice of how to use words (literacy) in their artwork - words that describe their creature

4. Using descriptive words gave them a chance to build up their "describing words".
 

 
Sample Artwork
 
I really like this app. The effect it creates with words is really stunning and there are options as to the style of words.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class