UNDER and OVER PAINTING with Stencilling

   I was surfing around Pinterest and saw an artwork created by Sue Davis and hat image became my inspiration for this artwork.
   My artwork is much simpler as I will be presenting it to primary school students. I do love her artwork though....
(The gold paint in my artwork appears as lime green. This was the result ofbad lighting and I could not fix it via photo editing. Sorry.)




 
   I found silhouettes of birds on Pinterest and created an A4 page of shapes that student could cut out and use as stencils on their artwork.
   I thought that this was also a good way for them to fill in their time while I dried their painted backgrounds with my trusty hair dryer.
   Students can also spend their time drawing simple branches and leaves onto newspaper and cutting those out as well.
 

 
 

 
 
I will create other artworks using the same under painting and stencilled over painting technique. However, I will change the spray colour from a metallic to a flat/matte surface.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class