KINDY, Year 1 and Year 2 ARTWORK

  I was asked to create a simple artwork/art activity for young students in Kindergarten, Year 1 and Year 2. I printed off some nice big images of Australian animals that the students could use as a resource.
 



PROCEDURE:
1. I sketched up an octopus onto fluoro card stock (A4 in size) with lead pencil. You could use any colour card stock, I used fluoro because I had just enough to make a class set.

2. I traced over the lines with a black marker so the image could be clearly seen.
3. With oil crayons, I coloured the octopus in cool colours. I blended colours to create some areas of tone.
4. In the background, I coloured with warm colours I oil crayons.
5. With Posca pens, I created a random outline around the octopus parts. I dragged the pen over the work to ensure the pain flowed easily from the pen. If you press the pen to the artwork, it clogs very quickly as the oil crayon will lift off the surface of the cardstock. I outlined in light blue then in white.
6. I outlined the bubbles in yellow, red and a bit of white.
7. To seal the surface, I sprayed the artwork with a matt seal.

 
STUDENT ARTWORKS
 
Year 2
Year 2

Year 1

Year 1

Kindergarten

Kindergarten

Kindergarten

 
 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class