Continuous Line Drawing - Birds


 
This artwork is pretty basic but it always works well.
I issue students with a laminated page of continuous line drawings of birds. we talk about how to draw without taking your pencil off the page and I gave a demo to show them that it is possible. I have to admit, some students really struggled with not taking their pencil off the page when they were drawing.
 
 
Students get another laminated sheet with pics of birds as Resource Images. They select one and make a continuous line drawing on an A3 sheet of paper.


 
 
   They then go over all lines with a black marker. The background is made up of straight lines which adds contrast to the finished artwork. My sample artwork is not complete. I left is unfinished so that students could see an artwork in progress.
   The entire artwork is coloured using water based markers. I am sorry I don't have any student works to show you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class