Ceramics - Peacock Plate


   I created this plate as a Xmas present for my mother-in-law. She loves birds. I used a store bought plate, ceramic pens and posca pens. I then baked the plate in the oven for 45 minutes at 180 degrees. You put the plate in a cold oven, set the temp at 180 degrees and let it heat up. Once the temp hits 180 degrees, let the plate cook for 45 mins. Leave the plate in the oven.Turn off the oven and let it cool down. I sprayed the plate with a gloss vanish to seal and protect the image. It is for display only. Got the idea from Pinterest but added in the Posca pens as they can be heat treated.

   Planning a project with my primary school kids but using only Sharpies, Posca pens, black and coloured permanent markers and metallic makers.

Comments

  1. I love this idea. Thank you so much for sharing. I've been keenly watching all your posts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class