In the beginning.......


   This is my very first ever blog. My friend, Cheryl, nagged me constantly to start this thing, so here we go.  I was a high school teacher for 30 years, teaching Visual Arts, Visual Design (Graphic Design) and Photography. Now  I am working as a casual teacher, mostly with primary school kids and I love it!! I have created new artworks that reflect the K - 6 Visual Arts outcomes and enable the kids to explore artmaking practises. I teach Art for the whole day when I go into a school!!!!
After working with teenagers for so long,  I have had to rethink how I taught, what I said and how I responded to the kids. It has given me a new lease on life and my motivation levels are right up there again. 
   I hope that the artworks and things that I share on this blog help others out there who are wondering what to do with their students. I need to acknowledge that Pinterest has been one of my sources of inspiration. I see an artwork and wonder how I can modify it to suit the skills and interests of the kids I will be teaching. Their ages range from 5 to 12 years.
I must also acknowledge my mate, Cheryl. She claims I am her mentor but I think it is the other way around. Where she gets her energy from I will never know!!Thanks Cheryl for encouraging me to share my ideas and art activities. You are the best of friends. 
   One last thing, I will also include pics of other things that I have done such as manipulated textile pieces, art journals, junk journals and stuff like that. Love playing with embroidery and combining it with art materials.
Anyway, enough from me. Enjoy!!!


Comments

  1. Hi! What beautiful projects with such orderly and detailed instructions! Thank you for taking the time to do this! I teach grades 4-12-- so I have great interest in your ideas for older students as well.
    I found you via Cheryl's post on FB :) Very glad she encouraged you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class