Art and Maths - How To Draw a Robot

I have taught this artwork to many primary school kids and it has always been a raging success. I have never taken any pics of student work and the very next time I teach "Robots", I will definitely take some pics for you to see. Kids love robots and they are fascinated by Da Vinci robot and his inventions. 



The information about 2D and 3D shapes came from Pinterest.
 
The robot images above and below came from sites that have free-to-use colouring pages

 

It was this image above and the one below that I saw on Pinterest. They inspired the idea of combining Maths with Art to create a robot artwork. I never knew Da Vinci created a robot!!!!! Full credit goes to the artists who created the watercolour artworks, as I did not.

I talk to students about how sunlight shines on objects to create highlights and shadows. They love the little robot......
The robot decoration on the info sheets came from free-to-use clipart sites.

Comments

  1. love this, great job ! so much great info , my kids love to make robots

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class