Digital Cubism - using Circles to make an Artwor (Percolator App)

 

 

 
 
1. I downloaded a heap of animal images/photographs - mammals, birds, sea animals, amphibians, reptiles, etc.
 
2. Import the pic into the Percolator program. Use the settings as indicated.
 
 
 
3. With a thin Artline 0.8 or 1.0, draw create an outline drawing. You must follow and use the edge of the circles to create your outline. The outline doesn't have to be perfect but you should not ignore the circles. Straight lines are OUT!!! 
 



4. The example above shows how to create the black outline.
5. When the black outline is completed, use a thin Posca pen to add additional outlines. I used light blue as it stood out against the warm colour background.
6. I added other details in the body of the anemone with Posca pends and added a thin black outline. It was difficult to see what was actually going on, so I used artistic discretion.
7. I admit that students did encounter some problems in understanding how to use the circles to create an outline but I gave many demos and it finally worked out. I presented this artwork to Year 5 (aged 10 - 11) students but I think older students would have no problems.
   The finished artwork is very visual and a contemporary variation on Cubism
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class