Textiles - Mermaid

 
   This took me quite a while to create as I made the image on my iPad and 4 different drawing apps. Lots of drawing of images then cutting and pasting them in an app called Art Studio, which is the Apple version of Photoshop.  Lots of burning and dodging and contrasting and brightening.
   I then printed the image onto 100% cotton fabric with my trusty Pixma printer using waterproof inks. It was printed as a black and white image.
   I used Inktense pencils to draw back into the image and aloe vera gel over the Inktense. Aloe vera gel enables you to blend and work the Inktense colours without it bleeding throughout the artwork. If you use water on the Inktense, you have very little control over what happens. When the aloe vera dries, the Inktense colours are permanently set. I also dry ironed the artwork to further seal the colours.
   I also drew into the image with fine tip pens (Artlines) and glitter pens. All mermaids have glitter.....don't they?
   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class