Drawing With Bleach




   This is a fun artwork but I must stress that I used a low irritant, low odour, citrus smelling gel bleach. Student received a very small amount of gel bleach in a cup, the amount was so small that they had to come to me to get more. If it were not raining the day I did this with students, we would have been outside the classroom. All doors and windows were open and there was still the smell of bleach.
   I had resource images of fish on a laminated sheet so that the students could draw their fish in lead pencil first. I did this artwork students aged 7 and 8. They loved it and did care at all about the bleach smell!!!
 

 I gave a demo on how to apply the bleach, as it need to be done without too much bleach on the brush. They went over all the lines in their artwork and I dried them with my trusty hair dyer.
   Students then coloured in parts of their artwork with water based markers. Then they went over the entire artwork with different sized Artline pens. We didn't use black markers that were big as a thin line is required.

 
 
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class