Dreamscope Portrait - Elements of Art Digital Artwork - Online Program

 
 This artwork starts out as digital but ends up with other drawing media applied. It begins with an online program called Dreamscope. I did this artwork with one of my Year 7 classes. 
 
1. The following instructions were created for my students to use at school and at home. I created a little booklet that I had printed for them. Students had 3 days in which to bring to me their Dreamscope image saved onto a USB. I then printed the image at home onto photo paper. Printing onto photo paper achieved a better quality print. I could also monitor who was working as expected an who was not!!!
 
INSTRUCTIONS:







 
 2. The image was printed as monochromatic as I did not want colour to interfere with what the students had to do with the image. I wanted the students to create an artwork devoid of colour. They did question my decision but when the artwork was finished, they appreciated its lack of colour.
3. The A4 image is glued to an A3 sheet of black cardboard/display card.
4. Students then extend the A4 image out over the black cardboard. They need to repeat patterns, lines, shapes. Students draw with a white watercolour pencil as it is easier to see against the black. Lead pencil affects shading that is applied later on.
5. With a black marker, white Posca pen, black watercolour pencil and a 2B lead pencil, students now complete the artwork. Apply white, black and lead pencil lines and shading.
NOTE: If lead pencil is applied first, the white watercolour pencil will not adhere over the top. This is why it is best to draw with a white watercolour pencil when re-establishing and extending the artwork from A4 to A3.
6. White Posca pen can be applied to make the white contrast more strongly against the black. Fine tip Artline can also be used to add fine details.
 
Really like this artwork and had some really nice artworks in the end. Never did take any pics as samples.....
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class