Strange Garden Artwork - Paul Klee

 
 
   When I saw this artwork by Paul Klee, I began to think about how I could create something similar with my primary school kids. It was about this time that I realised I could use the gardens in the schools as inspiration. I don't have any student artworks to show you as I have not taught this artwork yet. Its still Winter here in Australia, I'll wait til Spring gets here.
  
The black symbols I got from Pinterest.
 
 
   I have printed off and laminated A3 instruction and information sheets for the students to use. It helps to have something that the students can refer back to throughout the artmaking process.
When spring and Summer arrive Down Under, I will take the students outside to draw a part of their school garden. Until then or if it is raining on the day, I will get them to pick a section of the drawing on which to base their artwork.

I included this image of Klee's line work as I wanted students to see how he created tone by overlapping lines and how the lines also created texture.
 
As soon as I teach this artwork, I will put up some student examples of artworks.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class