Drawing Aussie Animals on Ceramic Plates




   The image was drawn directly onto the plate using Sharpies and metallic markers. It was then placed in a cold oven , temp set to 180 degrees. When the temp was reached, the plate was baked for 45 mins. Leave the plate in the oven and when the oven is cool, remove the plate.
   I sprayed the surface of the plate with a gloss vanish that is food safe.
I apologise for the poor quality of the photos. Every pic I took had some glare and these two were the best of a long line of horrible pics.
   This is an artwork I will do with my primary school kids, probably Year 4, Year or Year 6. I already have the plates which I got for 50c each - bargain!!!
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHING RESOURCE - CLAY WORK BOOKLET - BASIC INFORMATION

Blind Contour Drawing - Portraiture

STUDENT ARTWORKS - NEW CUBISM with Kindergarten/Year 1 Composite Class